What is the Big Day of Giving? Each year, dozens of local non-profit organizations team up to have a big day (24 hours) where we all ask our communities to support the organizations that give to our community. Overall, the Big Day of Giving has collected thousands of dollars throughout the greater Sacramento area for our local non-profit organizations. Click Here to go to our Big Day of Giving page.
When is the Big Day of Giving? This year, it is on May 3rd, starting at one minute after midnight on the 2nd of May and running to midnight on the 3rd of May. 24 hours where you can easily log in and give to your favorite non-profits. Of course, you don’t have to wait until the Big Day of Giving to give to the Lions Club. You can click on the donate button and give anytime. You can also support our fundraisers throughout the years.
Where is the Big Day of Giving? It is online, inside your computer or phone or tablet. You can click this link to get there or just type the info into your browser window. https://www.BigDayOfGiving.org/ElkGroveLionsFoundation Many organizations will join together at a central location so that you can also meet face-to-face with representatives of these organizations. As soon as I know where we will be on that day, I will provide that info here.
Why should you give; what do we do with the funds raised by this fundraiser? “We Serve” we give to our community. Here are some examples:
- The Elk Grove Lions Club pays for eye glasses and exams for people in need here in Elk Grove. In fact, we budget about $500 per month just for eye glasses and exams. When we run out of money, we can no longer provide this service.
- We support the Elk Grove Child Spree, a program that provides a shopping spree at Kohl’s with a volunteer chaperone, a haircut, and a pancake breakfast for about 100 children in need each year. We work closely with the Elk Grove School District, the Optimist Club and Soroptimist International of Elk Grove on this program.
- We provide a pancake breakfast every month for the Elk Grove Senior Center at a cost to the club of about $300 to $400 per month.
- We support our high school graduates with several annual scholarship award through the Elk Grove Regional Scholarship Foundation.
- We provide funds to the Burn Institute to support children who have had their lives turned upside down as a result of being burned in a fire.
- For a small list of some of the things we have done over the past few years, click here.
How do you give? It is a simple process of clicking on this link, then get out your credit card and then click on the big Donate Now button. You will see a set of buttons which show how we plan to use the funds that we collect. Click on the amount you want to donate, or fill in the box for any amount that you want. Answer a few questions and follow the steps to provide your credit card info. I know that we have dozens of wonderful organizations that give so much to make our community a better place to live, and I hope that you remember the Elk Grove Lions Foundation with your giving.