ELK GROVE LIONS FOUNDATION
ELK GROVE LIONS CLUB
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
APRIL 16, 2018
Call to order: 6:33 pm Lion Sharon Mika
X President: Sharon Mika Secretary: Agustin Palacios
X 1st VP: Brad Dano Bulletin Editor: Bob Shipley
2nd VP: Taka Blackburn X Tail Twister: Andy Anderson
3rd VP: X Treasurer: Jeylon Strong
X Lion Tamer: Don Thompson 2-Year Director: Lewis Flint
1-Year Director: Marv Neill X 2-Year Director: Bob Turner
X 1-Year Director: Chris Joyce X Membership Director: John Zehnder, Jr.
X Immediate Past Pres: Jack Edwards X Public Relations: Joe Tallerico
Lion Pancho Lion Jim Switzgable
Lion Warren Lion
Secretary Report (Stag) by Lion Agustin: New Board placed for next year/membership reminder to be sent to member soon.
Motion to approve Board Minutes by Lion John Zehnder – second by Lion BradDano – Motion passed
Treasurer Report by Lion Treasurer Jeylon Strong:
Admin………. $ 2453.24
Project: ………. $ 17,297.34
Scouts: …………$ 2999.92
Equipment…… $ 5798.63
FFA: …………$ 5260.21
Combined: ………. $ 31,356.10
Correspondence: (see folder)
Eyesight: Lion Dave King:
Sunshine: Ask Lion Shelli to send plant to Lion Parino
Assets/Equipment: Lion Brad is working on storage. Donating 5 bookshelves for storage
Equipment Question: Do we want to sell the charcoal grill. Moved by Lion Jack, Second by Lion John Z and passed by board. Lion Brad to advertise. Lion Jack to put on District website if possible.
Adjourned Club Meeting at 6:40 pm & Opened Meeting Elk Grove Lions Foundation at 6:41 pm
Old Business / Status Checks / Chairperson’s Report
Event Name Date Chair
Senior Center Pancake Breakfast April14 Served 104 adults. Spent $378.79. 10 Lions helped. 49 Hours total. Lions Don & Jim
Walk to Remember April 14 Served 300-400 lunches thanks to Lions Warren, Pancho, Jerry & Dan Lion Warren & Lion Pancho
• Broken Table Senior Center. We did not do it. Lion Brad will see about patching it after Lion Sharon talks with Pat.
• Just Serve Community Day of Service. Lion Sharon is in charge, but she will be at Convention.
• CSD Community Camp out July 7 & 8 – We are cooking. Lion Brad is in charge.
• Senior Center Relocation President Lion Sharon. Pat will provide 6 month MOU. Lion Sharon to check with Masons, Wackford Center, etc. for new meeting place.
• Big Day of Giving Update: Presentation by Lion Jack & Lion Joe. Lion Jack to send info to membership to participate in giving.
• 40 Year Class Reunion Elk Grove Park Pavilion 9/08/2018. Lion Andy can do the bar. Lion John Z will follow up.
• Heritage Garden Spring Mother/daughter Tea parking on 5/12 at 12:30. Chair Lion John Zehnder
• EG Regional Scholarship Award Dinner May 3rd
• Special Need Kids Special Olympic donation request of 800 dollars Lion Pancho
• Two Bartenders for Wedding May 26
• Hellacapella Donation to Davis Leo Club Lion Sharon. Board denied request
• Spotlight on Scholarships donation of $500 dollars
• Sheldon HS Senior Class Pancake breakfast chair Lion Warren
• Pancake Breakfast Arnold Adreani Elementary School
Motion Moved by: Second Approval
Moved for Lion Andy to do bar at class reunion on 9/8 Lion Jack Lion Brad Passed
Moved to provide parking assistance at the Mother/Daughter Tea. Lion John Lion Jey Passed
Moved to donate $500 to EG Regional Scholarship Foundation for Award Dinner Lion Jey Lion Andy Passed
Moved to reimburse dinner fee to Lion Sharon in the amount of $50 Lion John Lion Chris Passed
Moved to fund Jesse Baker Special Olympics for $800 Lion Jack Lion John Passed
Motion to provide 2 bartenders for Lion Randy Feist’s event Lon Brad Lion John Passed
Upcoming Activities and Approved Projects:
Event Date Location Chairman
CSD JUST SERVE DAY -Cooking April 21 Rotary Grove Lion Sharon
James McKee Elementary Pasta Dinner April 27 James McKee Elementary Lion Jey
Sheldon HS Spaghetti Feed April 28 Sheldon High School Lion Brad
Running of the Elk April 29 Kaiser Promenade Lion Andy & Pancho
EG Scholarship Award Dinner May 3 Creekside Church Lion Joe Tallerico
Senior Center Pancake Breakfast May 12 Senior Center Lions John &Jack
EG. High School Sr. Sunset Dinner May 17 Elk Grove High Lion Warren/John Jr
Senior Day in the Park at SCEG May 30 Senior Ctr./Beerman Park Lion Brad
Senior Center Pancake Breakfast June 9 Senior Center Lions John &Jack
Bounty on the Bvd. Dinner & Bar Jun 10 Old Town Plaza EG Lion Joe Tallerico
CSD Community Camp Jul 7,8 Elk Grove Park Lion Brad
Short Line Labor Day Sep 1 Elk Grove Lion Sharon
Good of the Order:
Adjournment: 8:30 pm