ELK GROVE LIONS CLUB
Board Meeting Minutes
Call to order __6:30________ pm Lion President: Jack Edwards
X President: Jack Edwards X Secretary: Lorene Fuhs
X 1st VP: Charlie Brummer X Bulletin Editor: Bob Shipley
X 2nd VP: Sharon Mika X Tail Twister: Agustin Placios
X 3rd VP: Brad Dano X Treasurer: Warren Weaver
X Lion Tamer: Jeylon Strong 2-Year Director: Marv Neill
1-Year Director: Jim Switzgable 2-Year Director: Al Jauregui
X 1-Year Director: Don Thompson X Membership Director: Dan Pearson
X Imm Past Pres: Bob Brewer X Public Relations: Pancho Sanchez
Other Lions Present
Lion Bill Hubbard
Lion Shelli Pearson
Secretary Report (Stag) by Lion Secretary Lorene Fuhs:
Motion to approve Board Minutes by Lion _Warren____________ second by Lion _Jay_______ approved
Treasurer Report by Lion Treasurer Warren Weaver:
Admin: $ ___5705.37_______
Project: $ ______19309.28____
Correspondence: (see folder)
Eyesight: Lion Dave King
Sunshine: Lion Shelli Pearson
Sent card and Plant to Fred Hanley’s Family
Assets/Equipment: Lion Don Thompson
Nothing to report
Membership: Lion Dan Pearson
Nothing to report
Visitation: Lion Sharon Mika
Lion Sharon Resigned and Lion Pancho was nominated by all and 2nd by Bill to replace Lion Sharon for Visitation
Elk Grove Lions Foundation
Old Business / Chairperson’s Reports
Date Chairman/Motion Notes
Strauss Parking July 28-31 King No report
Kohl’s Child Spree July 30 Switzgable Received thank you note
Will Stodden Scholarship Still on hold
Chili’s Fundraiser August 3 John Z Jr. $273 earned
EG Historical Society BBQ August 6 Bob Brewer Went well, very thankful we helped.
Questions to bring new board members up to date on previously approved projects:
Check to Habitat for Humanity The board approved the funding of this project using funds in the equipment sub account of the project account to assist with the purchase of equipment/supplies for the remodel project. Check needs to be sent to Habitat for Humanity by the treasurer. Lion Weaver is waiting for a bill so he can pay them.
Valley High Dinner Sept 24 Rick Schriver
Lion Rick Schriver was called from the meeting to come over to explain the event he is chairing. He explained some of the concerns the members had with this event.
• Thank you received from Optimist Club. Was shared with board
• Set November and December meeting schedule. (One holiday dinner meeting & the board meeting) The Board will make decisions on this next month after getting feedback from other Lions.
• Consolidation of Project funds/Elimination of Equipment sub account or payback of “borrowed funds” to Equipment sub account. The board voted no consolidation of funds because it could be a problem with our non profit status.
• Will Stodden Scholarship – We will revisit this when we have funds.
• Request from American Legion Post 861 to sponsor a TV for VA houses at Mather Veteran Village $150 Each. It was the opinion of the board we do not have the funds to help with their request. We will ask the membership if they would like to make donation.
• Donation requests received from:
1. Northern Calif. Lions Sight Association at $6 per member. We have no Funds
2. Lions projects for Canine Companions. $225 We have no funds
The Speech contest in February Lion Rick and Lion John Jr. will chair again.
Due to lack of funds in our account the board will consider later to buy a table at the Delta tea and also the canine companion program.
The board voted on membership dues. It was motioned by Lion Bob Brewer and 2nd by Lion Pancho to have letter go out in April 1st for due payments. Due Payments need to be paid by June 30th or members will be dropped from the club on that date.
Moved by: Motion Second Approval
NCLSA Donation No funds
Canine Companions No funds- going to consider this later
Moved By Motion second approved
Lion Cook Books Pearson We need to have recipes in as soon as possible. Send out reminders to Club members.
Lion Pancho Lion Shelli – Spaghetti Fundraiser McDaniel All you can eat pasta fundraiser on Monday, Sept. 26 at the Barn Café. Lion Tom will pay for all the spaghetti and bread. We will have serves at 5:30/6:30/7:30 Lion Jim S. is doing tickets. Lion Bob – Lion Weaver
Carnitas Fundraiser Fuhs & Strong Day of the Dead Carnitas fundraiser on Friday, Oct. 28 at the Park Pavilion. Jey Strong and Lorene Fuhs would like to be Co-chairs. Tickets have been approved. Lion Jack Lion Brad
Upcoming Approved Projects:
Date Location Chairman
Shortline Lake Dinner Sept 3 Shortline Lake Sharon Mika
CSD Giant Pumpkin Festival October 1-2 Elk Grove Park Lion Brad
December Crab Feed December 3 SES Hall Sharon Mika
Good of the Order:
Adjournment: 8:24 PM